Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Martha Stewart Textured Metallic Paint


Martha Stewart Textured Metallic Paint


I was so excited to Martha Stewart Textured Metallic Paint in Lampblack, I thought it would make a cool finish on a vintage piece of furniture

The piece pictured was purchased at a garage sale for 5$ and was taken after I used my Ryobi hand sander to remove old paint. 

I used the primer/sealer that was recommended with the paint to prime and seal

I wouldn't recommend using the Martha Stewart primer on top of the Lampblack Metallic Paint, it leaves thick coat and looks odd. 

As you can see the paint is very thick and the brush stroke are next to impossible to hide

If you were thinking about trying the MS  textured metallic paint, DON'T I can't even imagine what this thick gloppy paint would look good on....maybe a flower pot but that's about it. Save your $$$$


Martha Stewart Textured Metallic Paint is the worst and I wouldn't recommend using it!

1 comment:

  1. That's dumb its called textured metal for a reason!!! Duh to make texture it had to be think smh

    ReplyDelete