Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Chair Re-upholstery, How to DIY Sea Foam Table and Chairs

How to re-upholster and re-do this cute table and chairs
I purchased this glass table top and chair set from a local garage sale in Paradise Valley for $20. It was in pretty good condition, they weren't wobbly and no broken parts. Great candidate for a re-do. First I removed the cushions, if you turn most chairs up-side-down, you will find screws. Remove the screws and off come the cushions. 
After removing the screws, I re-covered the chairs with a Chevron printed Duck Cloth I purchased from Hobby Lobby in Scottsdale. I have found that they have a more fashionable fabric selection than Joanns and will take a coupon from an email on your iPhone.

In case you were wondering, you can pull the fabric tight and then staple down with a staple gun. Staple guns  can be scary at first but keep your fingers out of the way and they are pretty easy to use.
I thought that a sea foam color would go great with my new beach themed guest room. Although we are 350 miles away from the nearest beach I thought it would be a fun and refreshing motif. 
I had a hard time deciding on what color to paint this fancy little table and chairs. I posted a before pic on instagram and I had several votes for yellow & robins egg blue but I finally opted for a sea foam. This pic looks a little blue-ish but if definitely gives off more of a mint color in person.



Oh and it might help if I let you know the color...Martha Stewart-Sea Glass. Since Glidden is making all of Marthas colors at Home Depot now, I was able to get this semi-gloss with a paint + primer thus saving me a step.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment: