Friday, January 4, 2013

DIY Shotski


DIY Shotski
If you are like me you were mesmerized after watching Bravo Andy. He always has creative drinking games on his Reality TV interview show. When I first saw this I knew I had to re-create it to make an awesome Christmas present for some friends who have everything. 

As a guest on 'WWHL,' Jimmy Fallon presented Andy with this homemade Shotski. Andy has now made it a tradition to use the Shotski every Wednesday night!

Photo Cred: collegecandy.com

Well, I set out to make a couple of shotski's of my own. Luckily some old man sold me these at a garage sale around the corner from my house $3 bucks for both. He thought I was crazy for buying junk. 
Obviously they were sitting outside in the Arizona sun for years, luckily it doesn't matter what condition you find ski's in !!!



First I tried to chip off this top layer to make a beautiful exposed wood shotski like the one Bravo Andy has but it was too difficult for me so I used the nearest can of spray paint. 


Let you creative juices shine through, I happened to be making this for a friend who has a Cabin in Flagstaff Arizona. He named it Casa in Los Pinos so I got some stencils out and painted it on in yellow paint. 

I found these sake glasses in an abandoned house I was listing and figured they'd do. Space them out to give people enough room to stand next to each other while taking a guzzlet.

The best glue I found that worked even on top of the paint was liquid nails, hot glue won't work, trust me we tried it. Wood glue can also work.  Make sure to set something heavy on it and let it dry over night. 




Let this dry overnight. 
Finished shotski

Now for your viewing pleasure!
It brings the family together and is fun for all ages!












Thanks for reading!!!!!! XOXOX Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment